In light of the developments related to the coronavirus, known as COVID-19, we have decided to suspend all face-to-face class instruction for the remainder of the Spring I term. We will be switching all face-to-face courses to real-time video using our online BlueJeans platform located in your Canvas shells. Online courses will continue business as usual.
We recognize the disruption this may cause, however, out of an abundance of caution, we feel these actions are appropriate. Your health and safety are the most important consideration. Our team will be monitoring this transition closely to ensure your student experience remains exemplary. These changes will go into effect starting Friday, March 13th and will continue for the remainder of Spring I term.
For urgent assistance during or immediately prior to class time, call On Time Tech Support at 847-574-5175.
- Students located at our corporate programs may follow their individual company policies regarding gathering for class, however, LFGSM faculty will facilitate the class remotely.
- Students are encouraged to download the BlueJeans app on their personal computers or mobile devices for a better BlueJeans interface.
- The use of Google Tools is encouraged for group meetings, collaboration and projects.
Student FAQ Sheet: https://lead.lfgsm.edu/StudentFAQs
If students have questions, contact Campus Operations Support at CampusOperations@lfgsm.edu or Currie Gasche at email@example.com.
- Faculty will teach all remaining sessions using the BlueJeans platform and adjust curriculum as needed for the new environment.
- Faculty will open their BlueJeans session 30 minutes prior to the scheduled class time.
- We are encouraging faculty to use headphones and microphone for better sound quality.
- Faculty needing additional facilities support will be allowed access to campus by emailing a request to firstname.lastname@example.org two business days prior to class.
Faculty FAQ Sheet: https://lead.lfgsm.edu/FacultyFAQs
If faculty have questions, concerns or feedback regarding this situation, please contact Carol Modlin email@example.com or 847-574-5206.
Thank you all for your patience and understanding through this difficult period. We will continue to keep you updated as things unfold.